Thursday, June 08, 2006

Again, The Giant Killers

I spoke too soon!! Damn!! The Miami Heat has hijacked the third straight championship appearance of the Detroit Pistons!!! Can I sulk now? Or can I parrot the words of that motormouth named Rasheed Wallace who primarily earns a living as a star forward of the ill-fated Pistons when his mouth is shut," I am still kicking myself" for predicting that the Dallas Mavericks and the Miami Heat could spoil the much-touted championship rematch between the Pistons and the San Antonio Spurs. And spoil the two teams did!!
But I still love this season's Playoffs, one of the most season race to the Finals in decades. As for the Pistons, I doubt if they can still barge into the Finals next year now that the Heat and Mavericks have gained experience and have displayed a deeper line-up than them. I hate how they squandered such a wonderful opportunity. I could almost see Chauncey Billups preparing some popcorn while his buddies plop down on the sofa before a 100-inch plasma TV in time for the ceremonial jumpball while clicking their heels and saying," Wish we are at the Finals! Wish we are at the Finals!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.