Thursday, July 26, 2012

33 A.D. and Black Sheep


33 A.D.*

Philippine Daily Inquirer
Youngblood
May 15, 2004

AFTER WATCHING the movie "The Passion of the Christ," I could not help but ask myself many questions. If I did not know Jesus Christ's real identity and had not heard of Him before, what would have I done if I lived in Jerusalem in 33 A.D.? Which side would I take if I were one of the very fortunate souls who saw Jesus in action?
If I were in Jerusalem in 33 A.D. and had witnessed Jesus Christ's triumphant entry into the city, I would wonder why the people were ecstatic over the arrival of a man on a donkey. I would have asked what He had done to deserve such a grand welcome...


*An excerpt of my first published article.  No full copy saved in my email.

-Prospero E. Pulma Jr.
 

Black Sheep**
Philippine Daily Inquirer
Youngblood
July 10, 2004

THE PROBLEM has been in existence since biblical times. It was the subject of a parable told by Jesus. It has broken the hearts of countless parents. It has caused rifts between siblings. It has caused children to rebel against their parents over perceived favoritism. It has shattered the old belief that blood is thicker than water because it has caused the blood of estranged kin to be spilled. No, I am not talking about bitter feuds over family fortunes. Rather I am referring to every parent's worst nightmare: a black sheep in the family.

Parents generally want their children to becomeā€¦

**An excerpt of my second published article.  No full copy saved in my email.

-Prospero E. Pulma Jr.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.