Thursday, April 06, 2006

The MRT on a very lean day. It can be a
cattle train during rush-hour.

Time travel?

What a difference 15 minutes makes. Yesterday, I left the house at around 7:15 a.m. and i logged on at the office exactly fourty-five minutes later, to think that I had to travel all the way from Quezon City to Ayala Avenue. Thank God for the MRT!!! My ride went smoothly. The train was just rolling in when I stepped on the platform of the ultracool LRT Line 2. At the MRT 3 Cubao station, the crowd was still thin and I got on the first train. After disembarking at Buendia, there was a bus waiting for me and traffic was light all the way to Ayala. I thank the Heavens for a very hassle-free ride!
Today, I took off at around 7:15 a.m. and I got into the office a quarter before 9 a.m. can you imagine what that? First, I had to wait for five minutes at a LRT Line 2 station. Then, at Cubao, the guards stopped people bound for souther Metro Manila (e.g., Makati, Ortigas, Pasay City), because the platform was already full. So, I quickly decided to take a ride at the North EDSA station, so the guards let me in. At North EDSA, I had to wait for another jampacked trip. and then, the buses in Buendia were bursting with passengers, so I had to squeeze my lean body inside because the only alternative was to bake my body in the scorching summer sun. And the lines to the elevators was long, so I had to wait for a few more minutes. Damn it!! If only I went out earlier, I would have been spared from a rush-hour ordeal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.