Wednesday, June 19, 2013

the half-shut door


slowly, my feet revolted
against my mind, dragging
me to the half-shut door;
borne by my limbs down
the winding stairs, i was
flung into the chilly night.
lost in the boundless
darkness, my numb thoughts
vanquished my will;
the winding stairs had blocked
my mind, dimming the effervescence

behind the half-shut door.

                                                                                                                              - by Prospero Pulma, Jr.
                                                                                                                                  Philippine Graphic
                                                                                                                                  May 29, 2006
                                                                                                                                  Vol. 16, No.51
                                                                                                                                   p.43

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.